Saturday, May 16, 2009

Twitterpated

It seems that everyone is twittering and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to start or not. At first I can't really understand why in the world anyone would want to follow the trivial happenings of anyone else's life. I wonder what ever happened to just asking.. In person. I've met enough people who can't communicate with out their electronic crutch to see the inherent dangers of Twitter. I like the real world and it's easy to get sucked into social networking. I know people who live for facebook, WoW, FFIXI, and of course blogs. All good things, but not at the expense of living.

On the other hand, I'd like to be read by some people at some point and I'm just not sure how to go about that. I don't want to ask people to spread this around, I don't even tell friends and family because I don't want them to influence my writing too much. I want to be able to "write nakedly" as Mian Mian put it. Twitter could help.
I suppose a lot of this comes down to effort. How much do I want to get down to business with this blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment