Monday, March 2, 2009

When I grow up I want to earn 40% less than my male counterparts as a physician

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/03/01/business/20090301_WageGap.html?8dpc

Yeah.. I got pretty angry. I'm glad NYTimes made this available. As you can see, higher paid professions experience larger wage gaps, which is cool because after going through grad school or med school, paying loads of money, possibly going into debt, working my ass off in residency or education or just climbing the ranks, etc I really want to be rewarded by experiencing a significantly larger pay gap than my sales associate and postal clerk sisters.

Seriously, once you're making more than an elementary or middle school teacher chances are, you're experiencing a 10% or larger pay gap with the boys. Ouch.

Props to travel clerks who experience equal pay for equal work.

No comments:

Post a Comment